Get Involved Toolkit
When you get involved, you can make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of survivors affected by domestic violence each day.
Stay in the Know
- Sign up to receive NNEDV’s occasional Action Alerts and updates.
- Sign up for The Resolve, our policy-focused newsletter.
- Follow NNEDV on:
Donate Your Time and Money
- Donate. Support our life-changing work.
- Find your state or U.S. territory coalition to learn how to get involved in your area.
- Become a Member of NNEDV and help us amplify survivors’ voices.
Learn about Domestic Violence
- POLICY: Learn more about laws that have made a difference in survivors’ lives:
- TECHNOLOGY SAFETY: Check out all the resources on TechSafety.org, including our Tech Safety App and our DocuSAFE app!
- ECONOMIC JUSTICE: Download the Moving Ahead Curriculum (created in partnership with The Allstate Foundation).
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COUNTS: Read our annual #DVCounts Report and learn about survivors’ needs across the country.
Talk to Your Loved Ones
- Start a conversation today. Simply by talking about domestic violence, we help to erase the stigma and show support for victims and survivors.
- Use our 10 Tips to Have an Informed Conversation about Domestic Violence.
- Challenge myths about domestic violence. Our Pinterest board has 31 ways you can challenge widely-held perceptions about domestic violence.
Write a Letter to the Editor
- Write a Letter to the Editor about why you care about domestic violence.
- Not sure where to start? Use our 5 Tips for Writing an Effective Letter to the Editor.
- Check out our template format for ideas on where to start.
Watch a Movie or TV Show
- Host a #DVMovieNight! Check out our Pinterest board for movie ideas.
- #DontJustWatch: use our Movie Night Conversation Guide to talk about the themes from the movie.
- Talk about the TV shows you watch.
- Use our 13 Reasons Why Conversation Guide to take about the issues raised in this powerful Netflix adaptation.
Read a Book
- Learn more about our online book club, Reader with a Cause! Join today to participate in discussions about the ways in which popular books address domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence.
Shop for a Cause: Goods For Good
- Shop online in NNEDV’s online store! Choose from our “Respectfully” pillow, “Feminists&Me” tee, “Leaning” mug, and more! Shop now by clicking here.
- Sign up for Amazon Smile. Every time you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to NNEDV – same low prices, no additional cost to you!
- Download the Smilematic browser extension to automatically turn your everyday Amazon purchases to AmazonSmile donations.
Listen to Music
- Listen to NNEDV’s #EmpowermentPlaylist. Listening to music is one of the most common ways to practice self-care. Our #EmpowermentPlaylist collects inspirational songs that inspire us to fight for change, offer strength, and empower.
- Listen to NNEDV’s #EJPlaylist. This playlist collects some of our favorite songs related to money and financial empowerment.
Download our Coloring Pages
Download our coloring pages and color your way to a better, more peaceful, more equal future:
- Dogs Against Domestic Violence
- Elephants for Equality
- Manatees Against Mansplaining
- Jaguars for Justice
- Turtles for Tech Safety
- Hummingbirds for Healthy Relationships
- Frogs for Financial Empowerment
- Octopi Against Oppression
- Sloths for Safety
- Emus Against Emotional Abuse
- Rabbits for Respect
- Every Home a Safe Home
- All Illustrations by Caitlin Rose Illustration
- Use your voice. Take action and stand up for victims of domestic violence!